Re: Do I have a TTL problem ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 18:07:29 +0200

Try disabling the use of ICP. It is completely useless if you only have
one parent and cannot go direct, and there are some obvious issues with
packet loss and RTT variance between the peers. The best application of
ICP is sibling peerings between tightly connected caches.

Try this config:

cache_peer your.parent.proxy 80 0 no-query default
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0
never_direct allow all

And if you have some domains/servers which you'd like to handle locally:

acl intranet dstdomain intranet.your.domain
always_direct allow intranet

I also have a some patches to make Squid a bit more persistent in trying
to find a parent proxy when running inside a firewall (never_direct).
See http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker