Re: PAC for IE and Netscape users

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 16:33:18 +0200

At 12:40 07.04.00 +0200, Yañez Freire, Mª Jose wrote:
> We want to migrate from Netscape proxy to SQUID proxy but we have a
>problem. We have IE and Netscape users.
>All of our users have the autoconfig option so if we install SQUID, proxy
>Netscape users can't use this option.

Why?

>How could we configure our server solve this problem without change the
>configuration of our users?

Just write a new proxy.pac script describing your new proxy setup, and
serve it from the same URL your Netscape proxy previously ran on. Your
users (or their browsers) won't notice the difference.

>Mail Disclaimer
>
>La Informacion incluida en el presente correo electronico es SECRETO
[19 lines of legal crap deleted]

Could you please omit that trailer in the future? It is plain nonsense
for a message sent to a mailing list, and has probably no legal effect
at all for others. I know it is probably appended automatically to all
your messages by your company's mail server, so what I am actually
asking you is to try and convince your management that this is a
Bad Idea (TM).

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)