Re: ncsa_auth module DONE

From: Cliff Green <green@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:12:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Joel Taqueban wrote:

JT> But another question though. How do I authenticate my users using
JT> Netscape Directory Services LDAP authentication to Squid? I mean
JT> the idea is I want the authentication of Squid to be the same or
JT> to be based on users (and their passwds) as listed on our LDAP
JT> Server (a mail server) running Netscape Messenger. Is this
JT> possible?

If I understand your question, I'd like to re-ask it another way:

Is it possible to have more than one authenticate_program entry, and one
proxy_auth acl?

For example:

#these two:
authenticate_program /foo/bar/ncsa_auth /etc/passwd
authenticate_program /bar/baz/squid_ldap_auth ldap.server.edu

#or even these two:
authenticate_program /foo/bar/ncsa_auth /etc/foopasswd
authenticate_program /foo/bar/ncsa_auth /etc/barpasswd

#then this to check authentication against both auth programs/databases:
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED

??

Clifford Green               Internet -  green@umdnj.edu
Academic Computing Services                    UMDNJ-IST
Help wanted telepath: you know where to apply