Re: PATCH: modification to make better use of satellite bandwidth

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:38:42 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Robert Cohen wrote:

> So what I want to achieve is to use the satellite when possible and fall
> over to the the landline when the satellite is overloaded. The traditional
> squid setup for this would be to use squids on the other side of each link
> as parents and weight them appropropriatly.

Alternatively, use an intelligent routing protocol that includes bandwidth,
load and delay as metrics and let the routing protocol handle path selection
automatically "as it should be" (eg., IGRP/EIGRP - unfortunately basically
only an option for Cisco users).

Side question - does anyone know if Cisco has released the specs for either
IGRP or EIGRP?

ObSquidQuestion - since Squid now supports WCCPv1, does anyone know if/when
Cisco will release specs for WCCPv2?

Cheers..

dave