Re: Canīt start squid

From: Tim Villa <tvilla@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:38:30 +0800

At 11:27 AM 18/04/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>Iīm running squid 2.2 STABLE 4 and itīs been working fine for some
>time. My problem righ now is that iīve had a power loss and when I try
>to restart squid it wonīt work.
>Iīve tried "squid -z" to rebuild the cache but that only generates an
>error messege.
>"squid" does not generate any kind of messege but squid does not start.
>Is there a way to get things going again without having to reinstall
>squid?

What is the error message?

Also look in cache.log, non stdout error messages will be in there. To
make a suggestion, check the ownership/permissions on the squid
directories to ensure that the squid process effective user (found in
squid.conf) has write access to them.

Tim

--
Tim Villa, Network / Systems Administrator
Faculties of Economics & Commerce, Education and Law