http accelerator

From: bolero lee <bolero92@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:42:44 GMT

I am trying implementing http accelerator on a redhat 6.1 box
I have followed the User guide on squid offical site and made some
configuration into squid.conf:

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

it works, but I don't understand something in the User guide:

A redirector is required to translate the specified hostname into the origin
server. Otherwise, Squid will try to accelerate itself, which is not very
useful. Assuming the original hosts are called www and the accelerator is
called www2, this script will do the translation:

                  #!/usr/bin/perl
                  $|=1;
                  while (<>) {
                      s@http://www2.domain1.com@http://www.domain1.com@;
                      s@http://www2.domain2.com@http://www.domain2.com@;
                      print;
                  }

As I know, this script translate the standard input, but how can this script
interact with squid
while squid is bind to port 80?