Maybe Off topic (about WGET)

From: Nazila Mofrad <mofrad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 16:32:55 +0330 (IST)

Hi,

I'm not sure if my question is off for this list. If it is, sorry in advance.

I use "wget" to download a couple of sites. When the site is not alive, it takes
too long for "wget" to prompt "Connection timed out". I wanna decrease this
time for which, it tries to reach out a site. I tried -T=10, -t=1 options too.
But they doesn't seem to work. Should I compile it with such an option or there
is another way to do so?

All comments are welcomed.
thanks,
Nazila N.