Delay Pools and Accelerator config

From: Ben Sykes <ben.sykes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:42:40 +1000

Hi all,

I'm trying to use Squid as a bandwidth-limiting Apache accelerator on Linux. Problem is that the delay pools only affect what is being downloaded, not cached objects.

I have been told that NISTNET can do it but NISTNET looks a little too buggy for my 2.2 kernel (Redhat 6.1).Is NISTNET stable? This is for a production webserver probably hosting upwards of 200 sites, so i do not want any flunks.

So i think the way around is it to rewrite the part of the Squid code that handles delay pools on cached objects vs. downloaded objects, because Squid is very stable.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Ben Sykes