Free access and protected access

From: Jason Thompson <jltadmin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:09:05 +0100

Hi All,

I am trying to set up a config where a user can access certain sites without any authentication, 'trusted sites' if you like. But if the user trys to access any other sites then a password is required.

Please could someone assist me with the ACL configuration?

Lets keep it simple and say I want to allow access to any .ac.uk domain, and www.bbc.co.uk

I was thinking of using SquidGuard but I don't think it supports brower authentication, only Ident from the machine requesting pages? Have I mis-understood this?

Thank you to all for any help.

Jason Thompson
Allerton Grange School
Leeds, England