Re: Free access and protected access

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:17:51 +0200

Jason Thompson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to set up a config where a user can access certain sites
> without any authentication, 'trusted sites' if you like. But if the
> user trys to access any other sites then a password is required.

> Lets keep it simple and say I want to allow access to any .ac.uk
> domain, and www.bbc.co.uk

The logic for http_access is

allow|deny a AND b AND c AND d ...
  OR
allow|deny e AND f AND g AND h ...

Note: AND and OR are above in their strict shortcut logic meaning of
true/falses, not the ambiguous english meaning where AND == OR..

So the above becomes:

acl authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl free_sites dstdomain .ac.uk www.bbc.co.uk

http_access allow free_sites