authentication module programming question

From: Thiem, Robert <ThiemR@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:36:16 +1000

Hi all,

I'm in the process of trying to get my perfect (for me, anyway)
authentication program to work and have a question about the
authenticate_ttl timeout.

I'm trying to get an inactivity timeout to work, implemented through an auth
module.

The way I figure it if I set the authenticate_ttl to something reasonably
small (eg 600 seconds) and have the authentication program send back an ERR
if it hasn't been asked for a particular user's password in, for example,
half an hour (determined by some argument) then squid should ask the browser
for a new password.

Does this sound workable?

Robert Thiem
Queensland Dept Of Primary Industries,