Re: SQUID 2.2-STABLE5 ACL no-cache nitemarish problem.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 14:59:10 +0200

Andre Albsmeier wrote:

> > No. no_cache is a "fast" ACL check (unless one of my patches are
>
> Hmm, could you please explain briefly what a "fast" ACL check is?
>
> > applied), which makes dst a rather unreliable ACL to use.. and since one
>
> Is dst always unrealiable? Sorry for asking but I always thought
> that a dst based acl either matches or not...

"fast" ACL checks cannot wait for lookups to complete. ACL types which
requires a lookup to be evaluated might return false even if they would
have evaluated to true if the lookup had completed. Access lines
(no_cache allow/deny ...) with uncompleted ACL's are ignored.

dst requires a DNS lookup unless the DNS data is already cached in
Squid.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker