Re: WCCP + SQUID STABLE 5

From: Ilja Pavkovic <illsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 16:19:23 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Damien Croarken <djcroark@ssc.net.au>
To: sqiud <squid-users@ircache.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2000 4:25 PM
Subject: WCCP + SQUID STABLE 5

> Can someone tell me how I know if WCCP is working
On the cisco router (we have IOS 12.1T, perhaps lower versions have a
different syntax) type

"show ip wccp web-cache"

This show you if packets have been redirected (in enable mode).

> I have set up squid with the ip or my routers Ethernet 0 as its home
router
> and have set up the router to support wccp version 1 it sees the web cache
> and a debug ip wccp events shows the hi -> hi back statements... and the
> cache says its redirrecting... but how do I really know cause the cache
> doesnt show my remote ip in the log file???? any ideas?
>

> also have an IP chains from port 80 -> 3128 and am running a gre tunnel
> cause I cant seem to get the ip_wccp to work properly...
I assume you use linux. Compile it with the following command:
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -O2 -fomit-frame-ponter
-fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -DMODULE -c -o ip_wccp.o ip_wccp.c

Ilja Pavkovic