A couple of questions

From: --==[bolMyn]==-- <crash@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 21:29:57 -0400

Hi there,

I've been to FAQ, but it did not answer all the questions I had:

1. Can I forward request to Squid to a remote proxy (and how, please). In
Apache it's done quite simple but it seems to me that performance of Squid
is better for this.

2. I am currently looking for a product that would enable me to re-direct
abusive users of streaming media, for example, to a warning page. I can
also do it in Apache with re-writes and re-directions. I can also use
pattern matching in Apache. Can I do the same in Squid?

3. Ideally, I'm looking for something (which I think Squid now cannot do)
that would enable me to shut people down based on how much bandwidth they
use a day. Let's say, I want to say 10Mb per 8 business hour (or per day).
If a user exceeds that number, my imaginary proxy would re-direct such a
user to a warning page and such a user could not use his browser for
browsing the Internet until next day. I don't even know if this is possible
and how that could be done, especially when I come to think about complexity
of the checks.

I will greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions...

Thanks.

Bolek,

e-mail: crash@bolek.com
ICQ: 4086197