Re: urgent help !! squid crashed

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 23:07:18 +1000

At Thursday 05:39 PM 4/05/2000 +0530, Prashant wrote:
>hello guys
>

>i am sending my cache.log along with this as an attchment ,
>
>please try to locate the error , as this is happened around 4-5 time before
>this that my squid got crashed ,so please do try
>to locate the point of error
>
>following is config details from my "squid.conf"
>
>squid 2.2 Stable 4 , running on RH 6.1
>
>cache_dir /cache1/squid 2800 ( size of the partition cache1 =
>3500 )
>cache_dir /cache2/squid 2800 ( size of the partion cache2
>=3500 )
>
>cache_swap_low 91 %
>cache_swap_high 96%

Sorry to sound flippant, but does this entry in your cache.log not give you
some clues as to what is wrong?

         (28) No space left on device

Reduce your cache_swap_high and low to say, 85% and 90% respectively,
remove your swap.state file with squid shut down and let squid rebuild the
swap file itself.
You may need to remove a few large objects from your cache manually, but do
it _before_ you restart squid (after removing the swap.state file).

Reuben Farrelly West Ryde, NSW 2114, Australia