forwarding to another proxy

From: Jim Breton <vader@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 19:19:22 +0000

Hi, I would like to forward my Squid proxy's http requests to the
"Junkbuster" proxy running on the same machine.

I see section 4.9 in the FAQ which describes how to do this with a
parent cache.

However, the term "parent cache" implies that the local Squid proxy will
rely upon the parent's caching capabilities without caching any data
itself. Is this the case?

The Junkbuster proxy does not cache *anything* so I would lose with that
configuration, as I would end up grabbing all remote data over the
network, effectively with no caching.

Thanks.

--
Jim B.