Re: redirectors

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 10:55:26 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 7 May 2000, Ahsan Khan wrote:

> What a redirector can do in this case is applying some filter and a
> applying the filter is the most easy thing in Perl. SO better use the Perl
> not C as it will cause more load on the system.

Hmm... Things that are "easy" are often not very efficient. Perl is
certainly not a very "fast" interpreter, in general. I would be
surprised if a typical Perl redirector program would outperform a
reasonable C/C++ equivalent.

Do you have any data to support your recommendation not to write
redirectors in C for performance reasons?

Alex.