Problems with zone.msn.com (GameZone)

From: Mark Thornton <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:15:48 -0500

I noticed a few days ago that we were introducing a problem with the Squid
cache when we disabled it to troubleshoot another issue (dns lookup times).
Clients have been unable to connect to Fighter Ace in the GameZone due to
what MSN considers to be firewall errors. They instruct us to open up
certain ports but all are open. I think the real problem is that they are
unable to contact the client directly on another port because the request
came through the cache server (transparent proxy redirect at the Cisco on
port 80). Has anyone else experienced this? How would this be corrected?

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300