Re: ACLs and restrictions..

From: <robertmi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 08:04:11 -0500

I am wondering if anyone has done this and what would be an easy
way to do this:

I am running a squid box for a company wide web cache... It works great.
Just put it in last week. However, I need to (requested by the board,
otherwise
I would not want to restrict anyone from anything) restrict access to porn
sites. I know that there are a lot of sites, and I guess I can get a list
from the net, but I am worried about slowing squid down if I add all of
those
lines to the config file...

Anyone done something like this before?? Does it slow it down?? Any
suggestions??

I am running squid 2.2stable (precompiled rpm) on a RedHat6.2 install.

Bob Minvielle
Systems Administrator
aggreko