Some nice addons to squid 8))

From: Pedro Ribeiro <pribeiro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:10:37 +0100

I'm using some personal addons to squid2.3stable2 from some time ago,
now that squid2.3stable3 is out I'v made some diff files with the
changes I'v made to the original code.

#1 - squid-2.3.stable3-cachemgr_snprintf_overruns.patch - Fixes some
potential buffer overruns in cachemgr.cgi (Yes i'm paranoid with this
kind os stuff)

#2 - squid-2.3.stable3-cachemgr_big_descriptions.patch - Changes a
#define to allow bigger descriptions of accessed objects in
cachemgr/filedescriptors (Some sites have really big URL's)

#3 - squid-2.3.stable3-delaypools_names.patch - Adds a textual
description to each delay pool, for people with lots of delay pools
this will help-us to identify them while monitoring in cachemgr.cgi

#4 - squid-2.3.stable3-delaypools_newlook.patch - Changes de syntax
of the delay pools reporting in cachemgr.cgi, for the users/ip's with
the bucket full only the LSB of the IP is shown (the redundant value
is ommited)

#5 - squid-2.3.stable3-delaypools_reject.patch - "Optimization" to
the access lists used in delay_access, if any client matches this acl
it bypasses all delay_access and isn't delayed (to avoid the repated
denys in each delay_access list)

#6 - squid-2.3.stable3-delaypools_networkbyte.patch - Use the
'second' byte of the IP address instead of the 'third' that by
default is used to difrentiate the network in class3 delay pools.

#7 - squid-2.3.stable3-delaypools_colors.patch - Give some colour to
the delay_pools monitoring in cachemgr (buckets with less than 50%
max are shown in yellow and buckets with <=0 are shown in red to make
identification of users/abusers easy)

Some of this .diff's are relative to squid + other diff's, aplying
them to the 'bare' squid may result in some '.rej', that can be easy
solved by a minimum skilled programmer (apply the reject part of the
.diff by hand 8)) ).
The order by the one the .diff's were generated is the # order!

Use at your own risk, this patches were made to be as good as I can
make them, some errors my presist and I can't assume any
responsability for them (if you detect some error please report-it to
me, i can try fix-it).

Best Regards to the squid community.

PS: Duane thanks! for listen my sugestions to bugfixes in delay_pools
(I understand that isn't always easy to answer quick to users
demands)

  Pedro Ribeiro
  Online: http://www.isel.ipl.pt/~pribeiro/
  IRC(PTnet) Nick: PAntMaR
  e-Mail: Personal: pribeiro@isel.pt
          IPLNet/ISELNet Admin: helpdesk@net.ipl.pt
  PGP Key Available in keyservers.
  PGPFP: E848 DCA3 5397 97EF 4CF9 2347 24BD BEF8 D104 1743