Re: two squid daemons

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 16:40:27 +0200

At 22:28 18.05.00 +1000, Reuben Farrelly wrote:
>You can already do this with a single squid. These are the statements that I use to do exactly what you are describing...
>
>http_port 4040 8080
>
>acl noadblock myport 4040
>
>redirector_access deny noadblock
>redirector_access allow all

That's a new feature of version 2.3 I hadn't noticed yet.
Thanks for the hint. However it only seems to allow the
choice between a single redirector and no redirector at all.
It wouldn't cut it if I'd want to, for example, block porn
for all the users and offer blocking banner ads as an option
to those who want it. (Not my actual requirements, just a
hypothetical example.)

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)