caching using refresh_pattern? force pages to be cached

From: Karl Devitt <karl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 17:42:49 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to work through the problem of caching certain pages. I have

a proprietary web server which has very poor performance and at present

consider that caching may be a good way to resolve this. the server is a

web front end to a database, I am not concerned with keeping up to the
second accurate data.
As I understand it in order for squid to cache a page certain fields
must be present in the header.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK