Re: Problem with stable 3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 23:58:22 +0200

Thomas Tschoepke Soares wrote:

> The stable 2 is running fine with this lines comented:
>
> #cache_effective_user nobody
> #cache_effective_group nogroup
>
> squid is beeing runed by the "squid" user at 3128 port... why stable2
> can hinherit the UID/GID of "squid" user and stable3 do not?

Hmm.. you have a point there. I too have noticed this when you mention
it.

I think it may be a unwanted sideeffect of related bugfix for a long
standing bug where Squid sometimes forgot it shouldn't be running as
root. (the getpwnam() ChangeLog entry)

I'll try to get it cleaned up for Squid-2.4 to not bother with
userid/groupid if it isn't started as root.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker