Re: Can't get WCCP on Linux to work with 2600

From: cougar <cougar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 09:07:39 +1000 (EST)

On Sat, 27 May 2000, Lincoln Dale wrote:

> >It compiles fine and when doing a modprobe ip_wccp there are no errors but
> >the module doesn't appear to load.

Check you messages log for any reports from kprintf() - typically used in
drivers to output startup messages from kernel space. Check the driver
source to see what startup messages there _should_ be and look for those

Also, doing an "lsmod" will list all loaded driver modules ... if your
driver instance is listed, then it's loaded. Look for something like
"wccp.o"

> >Do we need to recompile the Kernel with specific options for the WCCP module
> >to work.

Not unless:

 * you have not compiled-in module support (unlikely)
 * you want to statically link in the wccp module (again unlikely)

-J-.

                     _______
| John V Cougar __ Big | Voice: 61 2 6208 1683 |
| Telstra Internet \/_/ \ Direct | E-Mail: cougar@telstra.net |