redirector output ignored

From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <alex@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:47:55 +1000

Good Day,

I am using redirector for advanced use and seem to hit what might be a
bug, or might be my misunderstanding. If somebody could confirm/deny the
situation I would be grateful. I don't have enough C knowledge to trace
what is going on through squid sources (tried though :-{ ).

The situation as follows:

squid cache already has a cached copy of a page (eg. www.google.com)
client request www.google.com (client's cache is empty)
redirector is called and it returns 302:www.someotheraddress.com (either
301 or 302 would do same)
squid ignores it as keeps going with fetching and delivering cached copy
of a original request.

Looking at debug from both redirector and squid, I can see the request
coming through, being redirected, redirection being acknowledged but
ignored by squid.

Same thing with a page that is not in squid cache works as expected. (I
see www.someotheraddress.com)

Since, most redirectors either always let the url through or never let
it through, I could see how this could be a subtle bug.

I can send any debug output if needed.

Setup: Squid 2.3-stable2 on linux box. I have read release notes/bugs
for 2.3-stable3, but nothing like this was mentioned as fixed.

Regards,
  Alex.