Re: WARNING: Closing open FD / Disk space over limit errors

From: Alejandro Ramirez <ales@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:29:24 -0500

> Running 2.3STABLE2, I began encountering the "WARNING: Closing open FD ##"
error message and frequent Squid
> crashes. Hoping this was the asynch I/O bug which was reportedly repaired
in the STABLE3 release, I upgraded.

> Now, in addition to that message, I am receiving "WARNING: Disk space over
limit: 1317679 KB > 102400 KB"
> message.

> Squid is crashing every few minutes.

From a Duane Wessels mail to this list:

The Squid-2.3.STABLE3 release contains a serious bug that causes your
disks to fill up. If you're using this version, please visit the bugs
page and download the patch for the "disk space over the limit" bug.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.3/bugs/

Duane W.