WARNING: Closing open FD / Disk space over limit errors

From: John F. Navratil <navratil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:00:05 -0500

Greetings,

Running 2.3STABLE2, I began encountering the "WARNING: Closing open FD ##" error message and frequent Squid crashes. Hoping this was the asynch I/O bug which was reportedly repaired in the STABLE3 release, I upgraded.

Now, in addition to that message, I am receiving "WARNING: Disk space over limit: 1317679 KB > 102400 KB" message.

Squid is crashing every few minutes.

I searched the archives and the FAQ and scanned to code to the best of my inexperienced ability. Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve these problems

Thanks,
John Navratil