Re: Problems with squid and ipchains

From: Joao Neves <joao@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 14:43:31 -0300

Hi,

You should use the redirect command in your 'forward' chain in order to have
transparent proxying:
'ipchains -A forward -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT 3128'.

Also what exactly goes wrong when you point DNS and gateway to the same machine?

Joao.

Coordenação dos Laboratórios wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> This is my first question in this list and belive me, it's a newbye
> question.How to do Squid and Named run in the same machine using transparent
> proxy? I'm using this command for transparent proxy:
>
> ipchains -A input -p TCP -d 0/0 www -j REDIRECT 3128
> When I configure Windows 9x and I put gateway and DNS pointing to
> differentmachines all goes right. But if both pointing to the same machine
> (runningSquid and Named) everything goes wrong.
>
> Squid Version: 2.2 STABLE4
> Kernel Version: 2.2.13
> Hardware: PC with PIII processorCould you help me, please?
>
> My best regards,
>
> Ricardo Freitas
> labinfo@unifacs.br
> System AdminUNIFACS
> Universidade Salvador
> Bahia - Brazil
>
> P.S.: I'm subscribed for squid-users-digest list.

Fabrica de Ideias
sbs - ed. empire center - sala 109 - cep 70070-904 - brasilia-df
tel: (61) 321 1357
fax: (61) 321 6096
joao@fabricadeideias.com