WCCP and POST

From: Chris Conn <cconn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 13:00:17 -0400

Hello to all,

Just in case someone else is having problems; I am using Linux 2.2.15 +
WCCP, SQUID 2.3STABLE2. I have been having problems with POSTs on some
sites in the case where the POST content was large. I was using the
ip_gre.o module since I had not been able to properly compile the
ip_wccp.c module provided on the SQUID page (I since found out that if I
removed the -DMODVERSIONS from my compilation command I was able to
compile it cleanly...). In any case, by switching to the ip_wccp.o
module, I no longer have any (apparent) POST problems. I read in the
bug reports about a similar problem under FreeBSD, but did not take it
into account at that time since I am using Linux.

Symptoms were that Hotmail users could send emails of a few lines,
however anything with significant substance would simply hang and time
out.

To configure the ip_gre.o module, I followed the FAQ and applied the
patch provided for this module.

Hope this may help,

Chris