Help with a problem..

From: Derrick MacPherson <derrick@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 11:54:37 -0700

I have been asked to find a way to monitor stats by protocol, and I
remembered looking at squid a long time ago and thinking it did a decent
job by running all outgoing traffic through it. What if I had multiple
input streams? (sperate VLANs, all with different class c's, one using
NAT.) I know I can tell squid to listen on multiple ports, is there a
way to report then for seprate ports? Would it be better to run a
seperate instance of squid for each VLAN?

Is this a wise thing to do? Is there any better suited tools for the
job?

Sorry for all the questions guys, I do appreciate the help.

--
Derrick MacPherson
Mercury Filmworks