Re: Anti-virus and squid integration. Any hacker ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 01:04:02 +0200

Paul Boyer wrote:

> How do the squid hackers estimate it could be done in the squid piece
> of software, and how much work would be involved in writing a hook in
> the piece of code called for retrievals from the Internet, so that it
> calls an anti-virus api ?

Shouldn't be that hard I guess. All incoming data from the various
protocols goes to a single function storeAppend() and then into
stmemAppend(). I guess it would be possible to divert the data stream
there. It might however be a bit tricky if you need to reject the
request..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker