Several questions about accel/proxy mode

From: Fernando Medina <fmedina@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 09:30:56 -0600

I have configured Squid to be both http Accel and a regular proxy. They
both seem to be working, at least I can view external websites through squid
and i see the updates on access.log and I can also view my web sties on teh
smae machine running on port 81, using squid as Accel on port 80. The
virtual hosts on the machien are accesible by name so it all seems be
working. My questions are: how do I KNOW that teh ACCEL is caching teh
local pages? and is it possible for squid to accel host on other boxes
besides teh local virtual hosts on the same machien squid resides? I have
not figured out how I coudl do that... This is a test box to figure out how
to do all this, I don't plan to run Accel/proxy and httpd servers on same
machine. thanks,

---
Fernando Medina, Jr.
<fmedina@nic.pibnet.com>