Re: FrontPage 2000 loading problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 20:09:41 +0200

It is not accepted by Squid as it puts the result of the action into the
"undefined" domain.

The function you need to change is clientCheckContentLength.

From one of my earlier message on this subject:

--- start included message fragment ---
Change client_side.c:clientCheckContentLength()

From
    case METHOD_GET:
    case METHOD_HEAD:
        /* We do not want to see a request entity on GET/HEAD requests
*/
        return !has_cont_len;

    case METHOD_GET:
    case METHOD_HEAD:
        /* We do not want to see a request entity with data on GET/HEAD
requests */
        return r->content_length <= 0;
---- end message fragment --

Full copy of my original message is available in the Squid-users
archives from January 27, under the subject "Re: Intuit claims bugs in
Squid 2.2!"

Notes from discussions which was held privately on the subject and thus
not available in the archives:

a) Squid is a HTTP/1.0 (RFC1945) proxy. As such it may not accept
request-entities(signalled by a content-length header in the request) to
the GET method, as this is not defined in the HTTP/1.0 message formats.

b) If Squid is ever going to be a HTTP/1.1 (RFC2616) proxy then it
should accept and forward such request-entities, even if larger than 0
bytes.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker