Winproxy versus Squid

From: Nuno Teixeira <nuno.teixeira@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:21:46 +0100

Hello to all,

I wan't to know if it is possible to replace the Winproxy funcionality wirh
Squid proxy. I know that my question is weird but I'll try to explain:

In my office I have Winproxy installed (Win98) to share FTP, Telnet, HTTP,
etc to all the computers. In the same intranet I have a Linux box that is
the mirror and backup of my Linux server. What I like to do is use the Linux
box to share internet to other computers.

I'm asking this to you because I wan't to be sure to start all the work.

Please help me and if this is not possible tell me some software that do the
job.

Thanks very much,

Nuno Teixeira