Re: Winproxy versus Squid

From: <alowe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:11:12 +1000 (EST)

Linux will do the job, and probably much better then your win98 box ever
could...

use ip-masquerading - see the howto... not sure where...
use squid to proxy your web-browsing... makes it a bit faster

you can basically do anything as though the machine was dailed in to the
net itself after that...

Andrew Lowe
andrew@pccentre.com.au
        The South Coast Professional Computing Centre
                + Hislora Website Hosting & Design
                + Daly & Daly Computer Training
                + Flatearth Internet Cafe
        Ph: 02 4423 7771