Re: EXITING DUE TO REPEATED, FREQUENT FAILURES

From: <alowe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:07:53 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, HRISTOV wrote:

> This is my favorite response from Squid Stable 2.3. This is reward for
> my enthusiasm. But its very stylish message.
> RunCache: EXITING DUE TO REPEATED ......

something wrong with cache dir i usually find... permissions, or partition
size too small - thats what it was with me... or it can be other stuff...
just squid failed, RunCache restarted it serveral times, but kept failing
too many times..

> And one question, as I am what they call it "newbie": Is IP Masquerade
> as good as squid for giving a large LAN access to Internet? Beisdes the
> cache abilities of squid.

We use ip masquerading for several clients in conjunction with squid... it
allows clients to do other stuff on the net... not just browse web
pages... they can chat, play games, basically anything you can do on a
direct connection... its what i use at home for my net access shared with
2 windoz boxes - mainly for games...