Problems with specific sites...

From: Mark Thornton <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 00:59:22 -0500

I am having customers complain about more sites that do not function
correctly when we have Squid running in transparent proxy mode. We redirect
traffic to the squid cache using policy routing in our Cisco router. We have
run into problems with MSN GamesZone and Stamps.com to name a few. In the
case of MSN GameZone I had to set an exception in the rules in the cisco to
avoid sending that traffic to the cache. Using the cache exception features
in the squid.conf made no difference.

Are others seeing similar problems, or do I have a configuration error that
is causing this problem?

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300