Speed problems...

From: Mark Thornton <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 01:02:51 -0500

I had to shutdown my cache server and restart it because the dealys it was
causing were excessive. Before the reboot we were seeing sites take up to 6
seconds to begin to arrive, but after the reboot the delay was about a
second. I saw no noticeable change in the memory configuration before and
after the reboot.

What should I look for that might be causing this problem? The system got
slower over time. I noticed that it is again getting noticeably slower which
is why I've decided it is more than a one time problem.

Mark Thornton
San Marcos Internet, Inc.
512-393-5300