question about acl lists and redirections...

From: Luka Gerzic <stinger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:38:05 +0200

i have problem...

here it is :

we have 2 servers doing proxy-ing. one is squid proxy (version 2.3 STABLE 1)
working in transparent proxy mode on perm. link (so called earth link).
And second wingate proxy working with satelite link.

On first (squid) proxy server we setup conf file like this (just the problem lines) :

-- cut here --

http_port 8080

acl Local dst 195.252.112.0/24
no_cache deny Local
cache_peer cache2.drenik.net parent 8080 0 no-query
prefer_direct off

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

-- cut here --

As you can see we have transparent proxy-ing working perfectly and
we like to manage squid cache to ask cache2 (our win gate server) to exit
to the world with satelite link. This work's great too. But there is a problem
with lines :

acl Local dst 195.252.112.0/24
no_cache deny Local

They are not functional... we can't make our first server (squid) not to go to
satelite link for requests for our domain (195.252.112.*).

Any one know why ? or I make some mistakes here... ?

please advise, and sorry for my bad english language. If you need any extra
informations i'll be glad to send them.

------
D r e n i k N e t w o r k s / Y u g o s l a v i a

Luka Z. Gerzic
Graphic design, prepress, html, networking
home page: http://www.linux.drenik.net
email: stinger@drenik.net / GSM +381 64 11 0 29 56