RE: Please help! problem chaining 2 proxies with authentication

From: R.Ilker Gokhan <IlkerG@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:52:04 +0300

Please don't send HTML mail.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html#ss10.7 if you see faq . you
will see:

FAQ: Only ONE proxy cache in a chain is allowed to ``use'' the
Proxy-Authentication request header. Once the header is used, it must not be
passed on to other proxies.

So if Both of your neighbour caches have authentication. they don't pass
authentication header from one to other. Either you should not use chain or
you should use authentication on only one proxy.

Greetings..
Ilker G.