HTTP Response Code 304

From: Adi Linden <adi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:42:56 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I am having problems understanding what pages are being cached and what
pages aren't cached.

Why aren't pages with the HTTP response code 304 cached? I am running an
apache webserver with all static pages and vhosts. All of the pages come
back with response 304 and none get cached. The problem is this is one of
the sites the cache is intended for.

The store log shows which pages make it to the disk cache. Is there any
way to determine why pages aren't cached, i.e. make the store log more
verbose?

TTYL,
Adi