Re: caching CGI Scripts

From: Felix Enning <felix@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 17:48:46 +0200

> "R.Ilker Gokhan" wrote:

> i'm not sure but i guess database connections prevent caching.

Normaly you are right. But in our special case, it would be ok to cache
the results.
By the way. I found solutions to my problem.

1.) Something like this in squid.conf:
refresh_pattern . 5 20% 4320
will keep even the cgi's cached for 5 Minutes.

or

2.) Print out a <meta http-equiv="expires" content="300"> in the script
seems to do the same.

I'm really not to sure, WHAT I do here. I looks ok for me.... And a
completely dynamic (and quite slow) site is fast like hell... And still
dynamic enough. When the contents of a webpage changes 5 minutes later,
than the contents of the DB (which builds the page), this is ok for me
(and our customers)

Cheers, Felix

--
Felix Enning           Tel.: 0221 92 12 60 32
Softwareentwickler     Hohenzollernring 103        http://www.dimedis.de