Re: Passing through the IRC Clients

From: HRISTOV <hristov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 02:11:38 +1000

Riky, I am trying to configure squid proxy for some time now, but no succes.
I found something else. IP Masquerade I think its more approprite for your
internet cafe. IP Masquerade is a very simple routing trick where your
clients will act like the Linux dial up computer.
Just issue the following commands :

#in /proc/sys/net/ipv4
    echo 1 > ip_forward

#in /sbin
    ipchains -F forward
    ipchains -P DENY
    ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0

...Asuming that your dialup computer has IP adress of 192.168.1.1, configure
your Windows clients:
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    DNS: Your ISP Servers

Reboot Windows and that is it. This is working fine on Red Hat 6.2.
With this your clients can browse the net, mIRC , real audio, play games and
everything the host computer can do.

Zlatko.