Re: transparent proxy or not?

From: William Wong <willwong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 20:57:39 -0400

Hi there,

I looked into the FAQ and I pieced up something that met my requirements
which were to transparently forward all http requests off to another proxy
server. I also found a rule that didn't "recache" any items dl'd (my
preference).

Here are the relevant squid options I used.

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

cache_peer proxy.dsl.ca parent 3128 0 no-query proxy-only
prefer_direct off
no_cache deny all