FTP-

From: Ulrich Seidl <uis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 12:08:28 +0200

Hi,

when using squid 2.3.STABLE3 on RedHat Linux 6.0 I get broken images in every
ftp directory listing. In the cache log I can see messages about:
"internalStart: unknown request:". I tracked down the problem a bit but I'm
not sure how to interpret what I've found. It looks like every request goes
through forward.c:fwdStart(). Depending on the request type we run into
internal.c:internalStart()

    switch (r->protocol) {
        /*
         * Note, don't create fwdState for these requests
         */
    case PROTO_INTERNAL:
        internalStart(r, e);
        return;
    case PROTO_CACHEOBJ:
        cachemgrStart(fd, r, e);
        return;
    case PROTO_URN:
        urnStart(r, e);
        return;
    default:
        break;
    }

Within internalStart() we check if the request contains
"squid-internal-dynamic" if not, we check if it is "squid-internal-periodic"
if not we get the "internalStart: unknown request:" error. But why don't we
check for "squid-internal-static"? That's where the ftp icons are to be found?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich.Seidl@ei.tum.de