RE: DNS bottle neck

From: R.Ilker Gokhan <IlkerG@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:22:22 +0300

i have gotten the above error and found this answer from the archive.

From Henrik (Thanks Henrik):

The above error message is likely caused by an overloaded DNS server, or
when there is a major Internet network breakdown. Try running a caching
DNS server on the same machine as Squid to take some load off your other
DNS server.

>Squid Cache (Version 2.1.PATCH2): Terminated abnormally.
>CPU Usage: 90946.440 seconds
>
>Would it help if I installed a local DNS server on my
>squid server machine???
>Are there some configuration aspects I should be aware of?
>
>I'm running on Solaris.
>
>Thankful for any help or hints,
>Roger Harrysson

Greetings..