Storing netbios names in access.log

From: Ben Blakely <brb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 12:51:46 -0400

Hi,

I've got sort of a weird desire.. On my cache server I've got the
libnss_wins.so.2 library installed (comes with HEAD versions of samba),
which enables the system to use WINS as an additional method for name
resolution. My question is, is there a way to make Squid utilize this,
so that I can store the Netbios names of workstations using the cache?
>From what I've been able to gather, the access.log will only pick up
names gotten from DNS, but is there a way to make it use alternate
resolution (as defined in /etc/nsswitch.conf). Any comments are welcome.

Cache server is a Linux 2.2.15 system, squid version is 2.3.STABLE2.
Thanks,

Ben Blakely
Systems Admin
I-Silver, Inc.