FATAL getgrnam error

From: Jim Hlavin <jim5400@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:03:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I'm having a problem getting squid running on my Linux
box. The compilation and installation went fine. I
created a new user "squid" and untarred, compiled and
installed squid under that username. Now I'm to the
point where I'm starting to edit the squid.conf file
and get everything running. Below is the output that
I'm getting when I run "/usr/local/squid/bin/squid
-z":

FATAL: getgrnam failed to find groupid for effective
group 'nogroup'
Squid Cache (Version 2.3.STABLE3): Terminated
abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.050 seconds = 0.030 user + 0.020 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 232

I've tried to find a solution to this in the squid
FAQ's but can't find any info on it. I'm very new to
Linux and I'm sure the reason that I can't find any
information is because this is probably so simple. I
really appreciate any information you can give me.

Thanks,
Jim