Re: Access.log bug/"feature"?

From: CPD <lhpcpd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 07:53:59 -0300

Kristoffer Lippert wrote:

> The problem is that the request field, that should contain the url
> exactly as the browser requests it, cuts off just after the filename.
>
> fx. www.search.dk/search.asp?
>
> instead of. www.search.dk/search.asp?paramteres=somthing

> Is there a special reason for this, or is there a bug?

It's controlled by "strip_query_terms [on/off]" TAG in squid.conf. When on
(the default) this happens. Turn it off so as you get all the URL including
the query terms (the part from the "?" on).
This TAG appeared in some versions ago. Before that, the automatic stripping
was the only way (user privacy reasons). So in order to avoid going nuts
trying to make this work (like I did) check if your squid version is recent
enough to support that TAG.

Rodrigo W Silva