Re: WINS resolution

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 00:25:39 +0200

It can be done indirectly via a NT DNS server.

Configure Squid with "log_fqdn on", and configure it to use a NT DNS
server for name resulotion. This NT DNS is then configured to resolve
wins names as well as DNS names.

Theoretically it can also be done if the host where Squid runs knows how
to resolve wins names, but very few systems outside the Windows world
support this.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker